The Steampunk Megapack collects 26 stories of excessive experience via Victorian and Edwardian eras—past, current, and future!
• “Midnight at Valdosta's,” by way of Jay Lake
• “The Case of the ordinary Safecracker,” through G. D. Falksen
• “The Acquisition of Mandrakes and Assistants,” via Jillian Venters
• “The Whisperer in Darkness,” through H. P. Lovecraft
• “The Brass Goggle manufacturing facility Worker,” by way of John Leavitt
• “The direction of Progress,” through Brian Stableford
• “The Tailed Men,” via Arthur O. Friel
• “The most unlikely Mister Lapin Investigates: The Affair of the negative Boar,” by way of Peter Wordworth
• “The battle Effort,” via Austin H. Williams
• “Herbert West: Reanimator,” by means of H. P. Lovecraft
• A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, by means of Mark Twain
• “The Trumpeter,” by way of Arthur O. Friel
• “The computing device Stops,” by way of E. M. Forster
• “The remarkable Adventures of 1 Hans Pfaal,” by way of Edgar Allan Poe
• The misplaced World, through Arthur Conan Doyle
• “The Gateway of the Monster,” by way of William desire Hodgson
• A Princess of Mars, via Edgar Rice Burroughs
• “The Mid-Watch Tragedy,” through Vincent Starrett
• “Mustered Out,” via H. Bedford-Jones
• “Payable to Bearer,” by way of Talbot Mundy
• “The Devil's Heirloom,” by way of Anthony M. Rud
• “Doctor Ox's Experiment,” through Jules Verne
• “The Trial for Murder,” via Charles Dickens
• “Angel of the Revolution,” via George Griffith
• “The guy Who used to be Thursday,” via G. ok. Chesterton
• “The Horror of the Heights,” via Arthur Conan Doyle
Read Online or Download The Steampunk Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Steampunk Stories PDF
Similar Anthology books
The Queen of poser has come to Harper Collins! Agatha Christie, the stated mistress of suspense—creator of indomitable sleuth pass over Marple, meticulous Belgian detective Hercule Poirot, and such a lot of different unforgettable characters—brings her whole oeuvre of inventive whodunits, locked room mysteries, and difficult puzzles to Harper Paperbacks.
Darkish Duets is a dinner party of eerie and captivating horror, mystery, and darkish myth tales—an formidable and detailed anthology that includes biting and atmospheric unique tales from seventeen pairs of acclaimed writers, all participating jointly for the 1st time, together with ny occasions bestselling authors Charlaine Harris, Rachel Caine, Holly Black, Cassandra Clare, Stuart MacBride, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jonathan Maberry and David Liss.
Haunting, harrowing, and downright frightening, this vintage assortment from the trendy grasp of the wonderful features:THE SMALL murderer: an excellent, fit child boy used to be the hot mother's dream come real -- or her nightmare . . . THE EMISSARY: the trustworthy puppy used to be the ailing boy's in simple terms connectioin with the area open air -- and past .
Bounce INTO the longer term, AND SHOOT again TO THE PASTH. G. Wells’s seminal brief tale “The Time Machine,” released in 1895, supplied the springboard for contemporary technological know-how fiction’s time trip explosion. Responding to their very own fascination with the topic, the best visionary writers of the 20 th century penned a few of their most interesting tales.
Extra resources for The Steampunk Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Steampunk Stories
Wilde and Mueller have been either very tall, and although Mueller was once willowy, Wilde was once a majestic titan of a guy with a sq. jaw and wide shoulders. It used to be sufficient to make the financial institution supervisor take a step backward and tone down his vehemence. Wilde saved his expression reassuring, and he put a hand at the manager’s shoulder. “Steady on, sir. you might have my be aware that we’ll unravel this. ” Mueller was once nonetheless wondering the secure door. “They lower the lock out of the secure, yet they left the vault by myself. It doesn’t make any feel. ” “What doesn’t make any experience? ” Wilde requested. “Well, examine it. The thieves holiday in through the evening. They use snoozing gasoline to neutralize the financial institution guards—which isn’t a monotonous tactic, permit me remind you—but they one way or the other depart one guy unsleeping so he can open the vault for them. Then they take him within, kill him, reduce open the secure someway, take the contents and run off, abandoning every little thing else within the vault except for a number of handfuls of cash. ” Mueller folded his palms with nice finality. “Tell me how that is smart. ” “It doesn’t,” Wilde conceded. He became to the financial institution supervisor. “Sir, I’m definite you could transparent this up for us. If the clerk had already been pressured to open the vault, why could he no longer have opened the secure to boot? ” “It’s particularly simple,” the executive acknowledged. “The safes within the vault are owned through our consumers. we don't have any keep an eye on over them shop for his or her placement. None of our staff be aware of any of the combos. ” “Ah,” Wilde stated. He ran a hand via his darkish hair and sighed. “Well, that does make a few issues a piece clearer. No worker may have opened the secure. ” “It’s nonetheless bizarre that just one secure used to be touched. I suggest, sure, funds used to be stolen from the bank’s powerful containers contained in the vault, yet this appears certain. another way, why waste time slicing into the secure in any respect? And if you happen to to carry a torch, why might you cease at only one secure? ” “Obviously they have been interrupted,” the financial institution supervisor spoke back. “Poor Mr. Barnaby most likely heard the guards coming to and attempted to elevate the alarm, so the robbers killed him. Then they panicked and made their break out. ” “But now not earlier than they emptied out the safe,” Mueller famous. He stored his tone ambiguous, yet Wilde might inform that his brain used to be onto whatever. “And in addition to that, why hassle with the safes in any respect? The vault’s personal resources will be more uncomplicated to get. ” Wilde grew to become to the executive. “Do you recognize what was once within the secure? ” “I’m afraid no longer, Inspector. All of our consumers’ estate is exactly exclusive. they supply the safes and their contents, and we easily give you the vault and make it to be had every time a consumer must entry it. ” Mueller made a bit frown. “Wait a second. … It used to be the center of the evening. How have been they even in a position to open the vault? Don’t you could have time locks? ” “Certainly now not! ” the chief used to be aghast on the concept. “We supply entry for our consumers day and evening. that may be very unlikely if we couldn’t open our vault at a moment’s become aware of! ” Mueller put his give up his eyes and pinched his nostril, as though being affected by a headache.